Multicultural Health Week
September 5, 2019 @ 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
A Patients Journey: Language, Culture & the Health System Forum
The forum will explore:
• Issues / barriers CALD communities face when accessing health services
• How to work effectively with CALD communities
• Good practice to improve CALD patient outcomes
• Cultural competency of heath care staff.
The forum highlights are:
• Plenary session, expert’s panel and workshops to discuss real life case scenarios of patients from CALD backgrounds journeys. Keynote speaker:
• Dr Rachel Sharples, School of Social Sciences and Psychology, WSU “The impacts of racism and discrimination on health, and pro-social responses” Interactive Workshops (limited places)
• Good practice to improve patient outcomes and cultural competency of health care staff
View Program here.