SPHERE Implementation Science & Knowledge Translation Workshop
December 5, 2019 @ 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
This interactive workshop will guide clinicians through the processes of introducing and embedding best practice or evidence-based initiatives into their workplace in a sustainable way. The workshop will include presentations and facilitated small group work. The day will start with a presentation by visiting academic Prof Rebecca Lawton Director of the NIHR Yorkshire and Humber Patient Safety Translational Research Centre in the United Kingdom.
Participants who have initiatives they would like to implement can bring these ideas along to the workshop. Small groups will be facilitated over the course of the day to create a detailed plan about how to implement this initiative into clinical practice. People who do not have a particular idea ready to implement, can work on other people’s projects which will help build their own capacity to plan, do and evaluate implementation of evidence-based initiatives.
- How to choose what to implement? Where should I start?
- Who should be involved in implementation? How to form an implementation workgroup?
- What strategies should I use to help the implementation project? Tips on how and when to use common and effective strategies like audit and feedback, education, opinion leaders.
- How and why should I evaluate an implementation project?
- What resources do I need for this work?